Boost is one of the Actions available in the game.
Boost represents a pilot activating additional thrusters to move farther forward. When a ship performs a action, it boosts. A ship boosts by following these steps:
- Choose the [1 [Bank left]], [1 [Straight]], or [1 [Bank right]] template.
- Set the template between the ship’s front guides.
- Place the ship at the opposite end of the template and slide the rear guides of the ship into the template.
- Return the template to the supply.
- When a player declares to boost a ship, that player also declares whether the ship is boosting straight, left, or right.
- While attempting to place a ship to complete a boost, the action can fail if any of the following occurs:
◊ The ship’s final positions would cause the ship to overlap another ship.
◊ The ship would overlap or move through an obstacle.
◊ The ship’s final position would cause it to be outside the play area (and therefore would cause that ship to flee).
- If a boost fails, the ship is returned to its prior position before it attempted the boost.
- The player cannot choose to fail a boost if the final position would not cause the action to fail.
- Performing a boost does not count as executing a maneuver but does count as a move.
- If an ability instructs a ship to boost, this is different than performing a [Boost] action. A ship that boosts without performing the action can still perform the [Boost] action this round.