Cloak is one of the Actions available in the game. Ships can cloak to become difficult to hit, and they can decloak to move unpredictably. When a ship performs the [Cloak] action, it gains one cloak token. A ship is cloaked while it has a cloak token. Cloak tokens are blue tokens. A cloaked ship has the following effects:
- Its agility value is increased by 2.
- It is disarmed
- It cannot perform the cloak action or gain a second cloak token.
During the System Phase, each cloaked ship may spend its cloak token to decloak. When a small ship decloaks, it must choose one of the following effects:
When a medium or large ship decloaks, it must choose one of the following effects:
- Decloaking does not count as executing a maneuver or performing an action but does count as a move.
- A ship can decloak even while stressed.
- When a player declares to decloak a ship, that player must declare which type of boost or barrel roll it is going to perform before placing a template on the play area.
- If a decloak fails, the ship is returned to its prior position before it attempted the decloak and the cloak token is not removed.
- Each ship cannot drop or launch a device during the same phase that it decloaked.