Several ships are available to more than one factions, such as the HWK-290 Light Freighter (available to Rebel and Scum factions). The FFG Tournament regulations state that players may use these ships (and dials) interchangeably in official FFG events:
If a player’s ship has different versions in more than one faction, the player may use any version of the miniature and dial that match the full ship name when assembling a squad. All dials must be from Second Edition. Plastic dial backs from the premium maneuver dial kit may be used."
Note that the miniature and dial must match the full ship name - partial matches are not sufficient.
Valid Multiple Faction Ships Edit
Each of the following ships is available to multiple factions. Models and dials matching that ship may be used interchangeably for that ship's factions.
- ARC-170 Starfighter: Galactic Republic, Rebel Alliance
- BTL-A4 Y-Wing: Rebel Alliance, Scum and Villainy
- HWK-290 Light Freighter: Rebel Alliance, Scum and Villainy
- TIE/ln Fighter: Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance
- Z-95-AF4 Headhunter: Rebel Alliance, Scum and Villainy
Single Faction Ships With Similar Names Edit
The following list describes ships which are similar to each other but which do not have the same names. Despite their similarities in appearance and name, these are different ships, so their dials and models may not be used interchangeably.
- BTL-B Y-Wing (Galactic Republic), BTL-A4 Y-Wing (Rebel Alliance, Scum and Villainy)
- Customized YT-1300 (Scum and Villainy), Modified YT-1300 (Rebel Alliance), Salvaged YT-1300 (Resistance). Note: while these are 3 different ships with different statistics and dials, all 3 represent the Millenium Falcon at different stages in its life. Consequently, many Tournament Organisers will allow players to interchange models (but not dials) for these ships. This is not an official ruling, so confirm this with your Tournament Organiser beforehand.
- Modified TIE/ln Fighter (Scum and Villainy), TIE/fo Fighter (First Order), TIE/ln Fighter (Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance), TIE/sf Fighter (First Order)
- RZ-1 A-Wing (Rebel Alliance), RZ-2 A-Wing (Resistance)
- TIE Advanced v1 (Galactic Empire), TIE Advanced x1 (Galactic Empire).
- TIE/Ba Interceptor (First Order), TIE/in Intereptor (Galactic Empire). Note: TIE/in Interceptor cards and dials from the Galactic Empire Conversion Kit are printed "TIE Interceptor". These components should be treated as though they say "TIE/in Interceptor".