SLAM is one of the Actions available in the game.
When a ship performs a SLAM action it performs the following steps:
- The player chooses a maneuver from the ship's dial. The maneuver must match the speed of the maneuver that the ship executed this round.
- The ship executes the chosen maneuver.
- The ship gains one disarm token.
A ship can perform a SLAM action only as the ship’s one action during the Perform Action step. Therefore a ship cannot perform a SLAM action if it is granted an action from another effect.
- A SLAM action fails if the final position of the ship would cause it to flee.
- When a ship performs a SLAM action, it has performed an action as well as executed a maneuver for the sake of abilities.