| While you coordinate, the ship you choose can perform an action only if that action is also on your action bar.|
Card Text/Abilities Edit
Squad Points Edit
This is a variable-cost upgrade that changes price based on Pilot Initiative Value.
- A/SF-01 B-Wing Expansion Pack
- First Order Conversion Kit
- Galactic Empire Conversion Kit
- Ghost Expansion Pack
- Hound's Tooth Expansion Pack
- Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit
- Resistance Conversion Kit
- Scum and Villainy Conversion Kit
- TIE Advanced x1 Expansion Pack
- TIE/fo Fighter Expansion Pack
As of Changelog v1.2, Squad leader now has a variable cost based on initiative, which is priced so aggressively at high initiatives it's usually impractical to equip to aces. This changes its ideal uses, since low-init ships with a talent slot are the best candidates, and are also relatively rare (low-init generics usually lack a talent slot). But equipping to low initiative also changes how the card is used.
- As with any coordinate source, granting an action at a high initiative allows you to help an ally respond to the opponent's final placement, usually after that ally has moved. They might target lock once close enough, or barrel roll out of arc, or reinforce/focus for defense. The disadvantage is it's useless if the ally gained stress from their activation.
- At low initiative, the advantage can be similar to Advanced Sensors, allowing an ally to take an action before their maneuver. For example, focus before bumping a ship or impacting an obstacle, or act before a red maneuver, or barrel roll before moving to dodge an obstacle.
Squad leader isn't necessarily bad after the points rebalance, just different. It's now more pricey in most cases, and the cost growth strongly encourages low-initiative coordination early in the phase, instead of aces coordinating their allies late in Activation.